That Wisdom Teacher

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Richard Haasnoot 5 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Soygal Rinpoche eloquently outlines the process of finding a teacher in the following quote.

“When we have prayed and aspired and hungered for the truth for a long time, for many, many lives, and when our karma has become sufficiently purified, a kind of miracle takes place. In this miracle, if we can understand and use it, can lead to the ending of ignorance forever: the inner teacher, who has been with us always, manifests in the form of the “outer teacher,” whom, almost as if by magic, we actually encounter. This encounter is the most important of any lifetime.”

When I first met Soygal Rinpoche, I had an inkling of this experience. His wisdom, compassion and joy were startling and profound. My eyes truly opened to new possibilities as a human.

For me, my “encounter” was ultimately with Yogananda. He became that “outer teacher” that galvanized my focus after years of searching. My focus was now on my beloved guru for this and future lives.

I suspect that many of you can relate to the paragraph I quoted above. We’ve all heard that “when we are ready, the teacher will emerge.” It is one of those wonderful miracles that happens along the wisdom inspired life.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.