The faster way to a wisdom inspired life

Wisdom Inspired Life Home Forums Topic Forums Meditation Forum The faster way to a wisdom inspired life

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Richard Haasnoot 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Yogananda quote: “The worldly way of good action provides a lengthy path to God. A life of moral discipline is a quicker way to God. The meditative life is the fastest way to God.”

The first sentence refers to consciously trying to do the right thing the right way. The second sentence refers to both an ethical life and control of the senses.

Yogananda goes on to say, “meditation may seem to be a withdrawal from activity because it demands from the beginner and absence of bodily movement. But deep meditation is intense mental activity – the highest form of action.”

I share this because this is been 100% my experience. Meditation is absolutely the most challenging activity I take on every day. Meditation has been described as concentration to know God. It definitely requires concentration which is challenged by the ever chattering, monkey mind.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.